With over a billion users on Instagram, it is important to be able to find the people you want to see, know and follow, right? At the same time, it is important to be able to source information, separate fake news from the hard-hitting stories and create a feed which suits your lifestyle and likes.
So, you would probably agree that being able to find someone on Instagram is a useful skill. It’s actually very simple and we are going to show you three very easy ways for finding someone on Instagram.
#1 – Use the search
- Head over to the ‘Explore’ section
- Type in the username or the actual name of the person you’d like to connect with
- Click on their profile and follow, message or just scroll to see what they are up to.
#2 – Mutual friends
If you cannot find someone through the ‘Explore’ and search section, you can take advantage of mutual friends and mutual relationships. If you are trying to find a particular someone or some brand, and only know that your friend, relative, colleague or affiliate is in contact with them, go over their posts, look at the people who like and comment their posts, etc.
However, the quickest way is to hop on to the list of ‘Followers’ and ‘Following’. You should be able to spot the person or profile you were looking for with ease.
#3 – Discover people
Discover people is a simple way to connect with people that you have mutual friends with or shared some interactions over the past time. Discover people is an entirely separate feature and can be found with ease:
- Navigate to your profile and look for the icon in the top-right side.
- Select Discover People.
- Look for Connect Contacts, then click Connect and then Allow Access.
- Click Follow on the profiles which you would like to connect with or click on their profile pics to look at their content.
#4 – Google?
If none of the three previous methods help you find the profile you were looking for, take advantage of the almighty Google search engine.